I got this recipe from Maryann at Domestically Speaking! I knew I would make it because I had all the ingredients on hand! That never happens! I made some tweaks, not twerks, on her original recipe because, as she warned, we popped those into our mouths quicker than M&M’s. She warned us!
So I decided after my first batch was gone ( in like 7 minutes) I decided my second batch would be a wee bit lighter! Click below for the just smidge lighter recipe! These things were easy to make. I used a mini muffin pan, but a regular size muffin pan would work too!
1 3/4 CUP FLOUR
2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
1/2 TEASPOON SALT (OMITTED)
1 TEASPOON CINNAMON
1/8 TEASPOON GROUND CLOVES
1/3 CUP CANOLA OIL
1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1/8 CUP SKIM MILK
1 CUP APPLE PIE FILLING
1 TEASPOON VANILLA
1/4 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray mini muffin pan.
2. Combine all dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to:
3. Oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, apple pie filling and milk. mix.
4. Fill mini muffin pan(s) just below edge. Bake approximately 12-14 minutes.
5. While muffins are baking, melt butter in microwave and mix white sugar and
6. To decrease the calories I brushed the butter on the tops of the muffin and then
sprinkled the sugar/cinnamon with a sifter. See photo below where I used a wire rack to “catch” the cinnmon sugar” . The other popular option is to dip the muffins in the butter and roll in the sugar/cinnamon. YUM!
Enjoy! Like I said the first batch was gone in minutes so I suggest doubling the recipe! If you freeze these, let me know how they do in the thaw!