I found this recipe on Pinterest from Texas Type A Mom after a quick Pinterest search! My son was recently diagnosed with chocolate induced migraines, so I am trying to find alternatives to the classic chocolate chip cookie!
I made slight adjustments on the amount of sugar (in my lame attempt to justify “just one more”) and the baking time based on my cranky oven! And, I have a standing jar of cinnamon-sugar so I just dumped that in a bowl when it was time to roll (the dough)!
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- dash of salt
- Mix separately:
- 4 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Once mixed, form dough into small balls ( mine were the size of a ping pong ball). Roll dough balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes depending on your oven.
The funniest part of this is when I saw the picture online I thought “oh wow, the cookies are in the shape of balls” (when they are done). So when I opened my oven and saw this I was like, “Oh, right.” Or should I say, “All right, all right, all right!”
These Snickerdoodle cookies were gone in minutes! And, I think my Australian Shepherd may have grabbed a few for a late night snack!